Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bertrand Grébaut - Septime

July 4th 2013

Septime: The Emperor's New Clothes


Why all the fuss about this place? I don't understand. I will skip the difficulties to get them on the phone for the booking and the reconfirmation, the incommoding noise-level and the lazy service to focus on food only (although those three topics would be worth a article on their own).

First, this restaurant adopts the sad latest trend of fixed menu. Not that I am particularly picky about what I eat but I like to have the choice. Moreover and most importantly, if the menu is fixed I expect a significantly better deal (given the savings on supplies).

So when for 60 euros, I only get some decent home cooking of meagre fish, lamb and a few vegetables along with mildly interesting organic wines, I feel ripped off.

And the press raves bout it, it is full every day. No entiendo.


Meagre fish, herbs, sea weed, bottarga, potato cream

Zucchini and anchovies

Monkfish, carrots

Lamb, eggplant, berries

Sorrel sherbet, pepper meringue

Chili sherbert, peach gaspacho


Septime
80 Rue de Charonne,
75011 Paris, France
+33 1 43 67 38 29

No comments:

Post a Comment